login join  
동성 결혼에 대해서 의견을 말하는 미국 청년
 너냐  hit :  57  
Zach Wahls Speaks About Family

2011. 02. 1.에 IowaHouseDemocrats 님이 올린 동영상
Zach Wahls, a 19-year-old University of Iowa student spoke about the strength of his family during a public forum on House Joint Resolution 6 in the Iowa House of Representatives. Wahls has two mothers, and came to oppose House Joint Resolution 6 which would end civil unions in Iowa.

The fight to to keep marriage equality in Iowa continues, help us support Iowans like Zach.

http://www.oneiowa.org/donate/donate-now

Good evening Mr. Chairman.
의원님 안녕하세요

My name is Zach Wahls. I’m a sixth-generation Iowan and an engineering student at the University of Iowa and I was raised by two women.
저는 ach wahls입니다. 저는 6대째 아이오와인이고 아이오와 대학에서 공학을 배우고 있는 학생이며 두 여자에게 자랐습니다.

My biological mom, Terry, told her grandparents that she was pregnant, that the artificial insemination had worked, and they wouldn’t even acknowledge it.
저의 생물학적 어머니 Terry는 그녀의 조부모에게 인공 수정이 성공해서 임신했다고 말했지만, 그들은 인정하려고도 하지 않았습니다.

It wasn’t until I was born and they succumbed to my infantile cuteness that they broke down and told her that they were thrilled to have another grandson.
제가 태어나고 나서야 그들은 저의 유아적 귀여움에 굴복하여 그들은 그녀에게 손자를 갖게 되어 좋다고 말씀하셨죠

Unfortunately, neither of them lived to see her marry her partner Jackie of 15 years when they wed in 2009.
불행하게도, 두분 다 그녀가 그녀의 15년 차 파트너인 Jackie와 2009년 결혼할 때 까지 살지 못하셨죠

My younger sister and only sibling was born in 1994. We actually have the same anonymous donor so we’re full siblings, which is really cool for me.
저의 유일한 혈육인 여동생은 1994년에 태어났습니다. 우리는 같은 익명의 도너에게서 태어났으므로 우리는 정말로 혈육이죠.

Um, I guess the point is our family really isn’t so different from any other Iowa family. You know, when I’m home we go to church together, we eat dinner, we go on vacations. Ah, but, you know, we have our hard times too, we get in fights…you know.
어, 중요한건 우리 가족이 정말로 다른 아이오와의 가족들과 크게 다르지 않다는 거에요. 아시다시피, 제가 집에 오면 교회에도 가고, 저녁도 먹고, 휴가도 가죠. 아, 하지만, 우리도 힘들 때가 있죠. 싸우기도 하고...

Actually my mom, Terry(Terry Wahls) was diagnoses with multiple sclerosis in 2000. It is a devastating disease that put her in a wheelchair. So we’ve had our struggles.
사실 우리 엄마 Terry (Terry Wahls)는 2000년에 다발성 경화증 판정을 받았습니다. 그녀는 그 병 때문에 휠체어 신세를 지게 되었죠. 그래서 우리도 힘든 적이 있었죠.

But, you know, we’re Iowans. We don’t expect anyone to solve our problems for us. We’ll fight our own battles. We just hope for equal and fair treatment from our government.government.
하지만, 아시다시피 우리는 아이오와 인들입니다. 우리는 남이 우리 문제를 대신 해결해주길 바라지 않습니다. 우리는 스스로 싸울거에요. 우리는 정부가 공정하고 평등한 대우를 해주길 바랄 뿐입니다.

Being a student at the University of Iowa, the topic of same sex marriage comes up quite frequently in classroom discussions…you know The question always comes down to, well, “Can gays even raise kids?”
아이오와 대학의 학생이 되면서, 동성 결혼은 학생들 끼리의 토론에서 꽤 자주 화두에 오르는 편입니다. 아시다시피 그 문제들은 항상 \"게이들이 어떻게 애를 키울수나 있음?\" 식으로 마무리 되는 편이죠

In question, you know, the conversation gets quiet for a moment because most people don’t really have any answer. And then I raise my hand and say, “Actually, I was raised by a gay couple, and I’m doing pretty well.”
대부분이 이러한 질문에 답을 갖고 있지 않기 때문에 대화가 잠깐 멈춰집니다. 그러면 저는 손을 올리고 말을 하죠, \"사실, 나는 동성 부부에게서 자라왔다. 그리고 나는 지금까지 잘 살아오고 있다\"

I scored in the 99th percentile on the A.C.T. I’m actually an Eagle Scout. I own and operate my own small business. If I was your son, Mr. Chairman, I believe I’d make you very proud.
저는 ACT에서 1%의 성적을 갖고 있습니다. 저는 이글 스카우트 이기도 하죠. 저는 저만의 작은 사업을 하고 있기도 합니다. 제가 만약 의장님 당신의 아들이었다면, 저는 제가 당신을 아주 자랑스럽게 만들었으리라 확신합니다.

I’m not really so different from any of your children. My family really isn’t so different from yours. After all, your family doesn’t derive its sense of worth from being told by the state: “You’re married. Congratulations.” No.
저는 당신의 다른 아이들과 크게 다르지 않습니다. 우리 가족도 당신의 가족들과 크게 다르지 않죠. 주가 당신 가족들에게 \"당신들은 결혼했습니다. 축하합니다\" 라는 말을 해야 그 가치가 인정 받는건 아니죠.

The sense of family comes from the commitment we make to each other. To work through the hard times so we can enjoy the good ones. It comes from the love that binds us. That’s what makes a family.
가족의 가치는 서로가 헌신하는 데서 나옵니다. 함께 힘든 시기를 보냈기 때문에 좋은 시기도 함께 즐길 수가 있습니다. 이것은 우리를 묶어주는 사랑에서부터 나옵니다. 그것이 바로 가족을 만드는 것이죠.

So what you’re voting here isn’t to change us. It’s not to change our families, it’s to change how the law views us; how the law treats us. You are voting for the first time in the history of our state to codify discrimination into our constitution, a constitution that but for the proposed amendment, is the least amended constitution in the United States of America.
그렇기 때문에 여기서 투표 하는 것이 저희를 바꾸지는 않습니다. 우리 가족을 바꾸는게 아니라, 법이 우리를 보는, 대하는 시각을 바꾸는 겁니다. 당신은 여기서 역사상 최초로 미국 헌법에 차별을 성문화하자고 제안한 것에 대한 투표를 하는 겁니다.

You are telling Iowans that some among you are second class citizens who do not have the right to marry the person you love.
당신은 아이오와인들에게 당신들 중 몇 명은 사랑하는 사람과 결혼할 권리도 없는 2등 시민이라고 이야기 하고 있습니다.

So will this vote affect my family? Will it affect yours?
그래서 이 투표가 제 가족들에게 영향을 미칠까요? 아니면 당신들에게 미칠까요?

In the next two hours I’m sure we’re going to hear plenty of testimony about how damaging having gay parents is on kids.

앞으로 2시간 동안 동성애자 부모들이 아이들에게 어떻게 악영향을 미치는지 많은 증언들을 듣게 될겁니다

But in my 19 years, not once have I ever been confronted by an individual who realized independently that I was raised by a gay couple.

하지만 제 19년 동안의 삶에서, 어느 누구도 제가 동성 부부에게서 길러져왔다는 것을 스스로 알아차린 사람은 한번도 본 적이 없습니다.

And you know why? Because the sexual orientation of my parents has had zero effect on the content of my character.
왜 일까요? 바로 내 부모님의 성적 성향은 제 성격에 영향을 끼치지 않았기 때문입니다.

Thank you very much.
감사합니다

prev   [Jeronimo] 대학생이 들으면 더 안좋은 노래 M/V 너냐
next   한쿡말 어렵기 쨔긔! 업써여! 너냐

list

Copyright 1999-2023 Zeroboard