join  login
name 너냐
subject Mansun, Six 10th anniversary 01 INTRO

http://blog.naver.com/osu★wari21/80056574217

시험 끝나면 본격적으로 시작해야지 ㅎ

1. INTRO

There are numerous links in this blog linking to the following...

1. 'Six' album
2. 'The Dead Flowers Reject' album
3. 'Six' B-sides and demos
4. 'Six' photos
5. 'Six' exclusive videos
6. Myspace, Facebook group, Youtube, Flickr and iLike

Paul and Andie will be doing an online chat at 6pm BST tonight (7th September 2008) on the official Forum.
We look forward to seeing you there.
폴과 앤디는 오피셜 포럼에서 오늘 저녁 BST(영국 서머 타임) 6시에 온라인 채팅을 할 예정입니다.
우리는 정말 그 곳에서 여러분들을 보고싶어요.

THE WORLDS MOST INFREQUENT BLOGGER

or

THERE WAS LESS BILGE PUMPED FROM THE HOLD OF THE HERALD OF FREE ENTERPRISE

(DELETE AS APPROPRIATE)

Either way this is the story of Six...
어느 쪽이든 이건 Six에 대한 이야기야..

Er, what was I saying, ah yeah, it's been two years since my last blog, Jesus!
음, 내가 말하려했던건, 응, 내 마지막 블로깅 이후 2년만이란거야, 맙소사!

Life just passes you by! Anyway, I couldn't decide on a heading for the intro.
시간 정말 빨리간다! 아무튼, 인트로로 뭘 해야 좋을지 정하지 못했었어.

The first, obvious, the second, my favourite review of the album, in FHM of all places. LOL!
우선, 뻔한얘기들, 그 다음은, 내가 좋아하는 FHM의 모든 앨범들 리뷰. ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ!

The original idea for 'Six' was to put the record in a full size gatefold vinyl sleeve,
'Six' 의 처음 아이디어는 레코드를 풀 사이즈의 접는 레코드판 속지에 넣는거였어.

so that when you open it there's just this little CD inside,
그래서 그걸 열면 그냥 작은 CD만 안에 있는거지.

which would have the two sides of music on it that a vinyl record would have had;
양면에 음악이 들어있는 , 레코드 판 안에 들어있는거같은 그런거.

to try and get a feel for the vinyl experience you just can't get with CDs.
CD에선 느낄수없는 그런 레코드판의 경험을 느껴볼 기회가 되도록 말이야.

We had to abandon the idea due to rack space in HMV or something,
헌데 우린 이 아이디어를  HMV 의 선반 때문에 포기해야만했어.

but that's where the idea for the two bits came from.
거기가 바로 우리 아이디어의 발상지인데 말야.

It wasn't supposed to be up its arse prog rock stylee,
바보같은 Progressive Rock Style 이 아니야.

it was an artwork idea that went wrong. I'll discuss that more in a bit.
그건 실패한 예술적 아이디어였다구요.  이거 좀더 논의를 해봐야겠어.

Andie and I will be doing a Q&A on the official forum at 6pm BST this evening (Sunday 7th September),
앤디와 나는 오늘 저녁 BST 6시(9월 7일 일요일)에 오피셜 포럼에서 Q&A 를 할거야.

so if you have any other questions, you can ask us there.
혹시 질문할게 있다면 거기서 우리한테 질문하면 되.

It's been quite cathartic writing all this down as I've been asked so many questions over the years about Six,
from the lyrics, to the tour, to the artwork,
몇년동안 Six에 대해 가사든 투어든 예술적 작업등 전반에 걸친 질문들을 많이 받아왔기 때문에 이거 꽤 카타르시스적인 글쓰기가 되겠군.

so I hope I can clear a lot of things up to those who want to know.
난 이것들에 대해 궁금해 하는 모든 사람들에게 명쾌한 답을 줄 수 있으면 좋겠어.

Also a big thanks to the tens of thousands of people who still subscribe to this mailing list.
또한 이 메일링 리스트에 등록한 수많은 팬들에게 정말로 고마워.

It's been a while since the band split, yet the band's music is still very much alive.
밴드가 해체한 이후 오랜 시간이 흘렀지만 , 아직 밴드의 음악은 여전히 살아숨쉬고있어.

You only have to go to the links page at www.mansun.co.uk to see the wealth of internet resources dedicated to the band from all over the world.
www.mansun.co.uk에 가면 전세계에서 밴드에 보내는 여러가지 풍부한 소식들을 볼 수 있어.

From Scandinavia to Eastern Europe, from South America to the Far East, it's all you people who keep it alive, listen to the 100 or songs we put out there, all the bootleg videos and demos, the live recordings and the photos.
스칸디나비아 반도 에서 동유럽까지, 남아메리카에서 극동까지, 우리가 올려놓은 100이상의 곡들과 데모, 비디오, 라이브 음원들 사진들, 이 모든걸 살아있게 해주는 사람들이 바로 여러분들이에요.

All this stuff can be accessed from the official website, it's all still very much alive and 'Six' is very much a part of that.
오피셜 웹사이트에서 볼수있는 이 모든 것들, 이것들은 아직도 여전히 건재하고있고, 'Six' 역시 이 것들중 중요한 한 부분이야.

It's your word of mouth that has allowed this record to grow with time, derided in its day but much loved today.
이 레코드가 점점 성장할수 있게해준 ,그때는 비웃었지만 지금은 사랑하는 그런 여러분들의 이야기이고.

The amount of fans who have told me it's their favourite album of all time over the years is heartwarming as it was difficult to make and was received with disbelief by the critics.
'Six'앨범을 만들기 어려웠던 만큼, 비평가들에게 불신감을 줬던 만큼, 이 앨범을 수년에 걸쳐 가장 좋아하는 앨범이라고 말해주는 수많은 팬들은 내 마음을 따뜻하게 해줘.

It weighed heavily on me to outdo its more commercial predecessor, 'Attack of the Grey Lantern'.
상업적 전작(作)인  'Attack of the Grey Lanter'를 더 뛰어넘는다는건 나한테 무거운 짐이었어.

Commercial suicide, but artistically satisfying. It's a record that cannot be categorised and went right against the grain of what was popular at the time .
영리적 자살행위지, 하지만 예술적인 만족감이었어. 분류되어질수 없수도 없고, 그 시대를 풍미했던 것들의 구미에는 전혀 맞지않는 그런 레코드였어.

A lot of people ridiculed it, but time has been kind to it.
많은 사람들은 비웃었지만 시간은 관대했어.

One thing I've heard again and again over the years is that it needs a good few listens to get into it due to the complexity of it.
몇년을 걸쳐 내가 들어온 한 가지는 , 그것(six)의 복잡성을 깨닫기위해선 몇번의 집중적인 청취(listen)가 필요하다는 것이야.

I listened to 'Six' for the first time the other day since mastering it, and realized there would be no point in making a record like 'Six' in this digital age, it would be all too easy to do with todays computer technology.
나는 'Six'앨범을 마스터링한 이후에야 처음 듣게되었고, 요즘같은 디지털 시대에서 Six같은 앨범을 만드는건 아무런 포인트가 없다는걸 깨달았어. 오늘날의 컴퓨터기술로는 충분히 만들기 쉽거든요.

It was recorded before the digital age took over the music industry, straight onto tape, so to make something so complex and intricate was a real head fuck in many ways.
이 앨범은 음악산업에 걸쳐 디지털 시대 이전에 만들어졌어요. tape 작업이었고 , 그래서 뭔가를 복잡하거나 난해한 것들을 만드는건 여러가지 의미에서 어려운일이었어.

We had just discovered digital recording, or 'pro tools' as its known in the 'biz', so we brought an early rig in and used it as an instrument in itself to create some of the effects, then would fly back to the 2" master tapes we were recording the album on.
우리들은 디지털 레코딩, 또는 상업적으로 알려진 '전문적 도구들을 알게되었어. 그래서 우린 첨단 장비들을 가져왔고 몇몇 효과를 만들어 내기위한 도구로서 그것들을 사용했어.

It really was the last throw of the dice for analogue tape, but it's a better record for it. I'm piecing back the memories of putting this record together and I'll try and get it as accurate as possible.
그건 정말 아날로그 테이프로 하는 것의 마지막 기회였어, 하지만 그걸로 녹음하는게 더 나아. 난 이 음반을 함께 작업한 기억들을 다시 조각하고 있어, 그리고 나는 가능하면 정확하게 기억해낼거야.

Let me explain some more...
좀 더 설명해줄게..

N.B There was no hidden track on 'Six' as I wanted to use the maximum time allowed on a CD to fit as much music in as possible and there was simply no room.
'Six'에는 히든 트랙이 없다는걸 주의해. 왜냐면 나는 가능한 많은 음악들을 맞추기 위해서 CD에 허락된 최대한의 시간을 사용하길 원했어. 그리고 거기엔 다른 방도가 없었어.

To give you that vinyl experience while you're reading this blog I've written the maximum amount of words possible before the server blows up, so I've created it on 2 sides.
당신들이 이 블로그를 읽는동안 레코드판의 경험을 주기 위해서 나는 서버가 폭발할 만큼 가능한 최대로 많은 양의 글들을 썼어, 그래서 나는 이걸 2쪽으로 만들었어.

This is Side 1; Side 2 will follow.

Don't read them back to front unless you like Side 2 of the album better than Side 1.
니가 앨범의 side2를 side1보다 좋아하는게 아니라면 속속들이 읽지마

So anyway, read on and when you've finished, take this email out of your inbox, flip it over and read the other side which doesn't exist.
뭐 어쨌던, 이걸 읽고 다 읽었을 땐, inbox에서 이걸 꺼내고, 이것에 몰두한 다음 존재하지않는 다른 쪽을 읽으세요.
* 너냐님에 의해서 게시물 이동되었습니다 (2009-11-14 19:58)

list       

prev Mansun, Six 10th anniversary 02 ALBUM TITLE 너냐
next Mansun, Paul Draper Forum, News&Update on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:21 pm (Paul Draper Diary - Part One) 너냐

Copyright 1999-2023 Zeroboard / skin by kimamore.com